Tuesday 5 July 2011

Lace making and crochet





I have been experimenting with crochet to see if I can achieve similar results to lace making. A few reasons for this 1) lace making is extremely time consuming 2) I want to include some crochet in my 'Pram' project.

I intend to make a blanket/quilt which is inside the pram and extending out onto the floor. At the moment I am imagining it to be a combination of patchwork and quilting, crochet, lace and maybe felt and knitting. I like the idea of it trailing off into a delicate lace thread ending in an umbilical cord like structure. So it's good to experiment with different densities of threads and techniques at this stage.

I also want to include a drawing which I started some years ago. It was a panoramic narrative, based on fairy stories (see older blog). The pram which I got off Freecycle recently is almost identical to the one which I drew in the picture. I envisage using enamel paint on the pram metal work to depict the sense of being in an overgrown forest. I also thought I would include some images from some old screen prints which I did on my MA.
Images to follow.

No comments: