Sunday 3 July 2011

Tiered Cake Stands

I have been trying to find a nice tiered cake stand for a good while, but there has never been anything which has taken my fancy. I can't be doing with all this sudden 'vintage chic' business, selling faux old things as vintage. Anyhow, what is it all of a sudden everyone has gone vintage daft? When exactly did this happen?
After failing to find a good cake stand, I decided it'd be much better to craft my own. This way I could select the plates myself, without being told by someone or other that it is 'vintage'.
I get all my plates from car-boot sales or junk shops. I just keep my eyes peeled for unusual designs and glazes. Mostly they sell from as little as 10p upwards, although I wouldn't pay more than a few pounds myself. I like the miss-match quality of the home-made versions much better than the shop bought stands.

IMG_4465

IMG_4470
Tunnocks Teacakes

1 comment:

Justina Make-up Artist said...

Better than my pictures! I need a camera like yours